Copyright © 2019 Visit Placer County
All Rights Reserved
Filled with artifacts and furnishings from a bygone era, the Bernhard House transports visitors to a simpler time.
The museum was built in 1851 as the Traveler’s Rest Hotel, the Bernhard house has been welcoming visitors for over 150 years. The museum is filled with artifacts and furnishings from a bygone era and will transports visitors to a simpler time. The Bernhard Museum also serves as home to the third grade Living History Program.
Located at the corner of Auburn Folsom Road and Fairgate Road.
Once completed the Fire Museum will be open to the public. Photographs, fire equipment, and other memorabilia will be on display.
The general public may visit the museum and see a number of displays depicting Lincoln’s history; look at photographs of landmarks gone by; read books on California history; review old City of Lincoln record books and inquire about various frontier families.
The museum prominently displays an ever-growing collection of vintage medical, pharmaceutical, nursing, and dental artifacts dating from the mid-19th century to the mid-20th century.