Our top priority is the health and safety of residents and visitors to Placer County, and Visit Placer is committed to providing accurate and timely information about our destination so that you may visit safely and responsibly.
Placer County Public Health | California Department of Public Health
Local Information: Auburn | Lincoln | Loomis | North Lake Tahoe | Rocklin | Roseville
Please visit our COVID-19 blog page for updated local information.
Placer County is currently in the red tier restrictions in the State’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy. More information and full details of what is open can be found here HERE.
Updated Restrictions & Business Modifications:
- Restaurants are allowed to open indoors with 25 percent capacity or a maximum of 100 people, whichever is fewer.
- Retail establishments are allowed to open indoors at 50 percent capacity.
- Movie theaters are allowed to open indoors with 25 percent capacity or 100 people, whichever is fewer.
- Gyms are allowed to open indoors with 10 percent capacity.
- Museums, zoos, and aquariums can open indoor activities at 25 percent capacity.
- Breweries, wineries and distilleries that do not serve meals may open outdoors only with modifications. The modifications include ensuring that patrons have reservations and patrons observe a 90-minute time limit. Service for on-site consumption must end by 8 p.m.
- Bars that do not serve meals remain closed in the Purple (widespread) and Red (substantial) tiers.
Find all business tier guidance and operational modifications HERE
As you travel throughout Placer County, please travel responsibly and follow all safety guidelines. All Californians should wear face coverings in common and public indoor spaces and outdoors when distancing is not possible, as detailed in state guidance.
- Maintain at least 6′ of Social Distance.
- Wear a mask or face covering when in public.
- Abide by all local Government orders or restrictions that may be in place.
- Follow CDC Guidelines for minimizing the spread of COVID-19, including frequent hand washing, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, and cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue.
- Be patient and kind to staff at hotels, restaurants, retailers, and attractions, as they navigate new procedures.
Know Before You Go:
- Read regional resources to find out state and county specific restrictions
- Check in with businesses in advance to learn about current modifications and/or closures
- Be well informed of potential risks and prepare yourself
If you will be visiting North Lake Tahoe, please review the Know Before You Go Guide for tips and resources of how to travel responsibly and be prepared for your winter experience.
The California Welcome Center, Auburn is open to assist local visitors. The Welcome Center, at 1103 High Street, Auburn, is open Tues-Sat, 9:30am-4:30pm.
California Responsible Travel Code
California is a place of wide-open spaces that champions open-mindedness and celebrates diversity. Californians respect our friends and neighbors and their health and safety. We respect the environment, local culture and all the different kinds of people who visit our state. Respect is the key to keeping each other safe and all of California’s precious and fragile beauty protected, today and tomorrow. Please help us respect Placer County and all of California by following the California Responsible Travel Code from our friends at Visit California.
Roam Responsibly. I will explore California thoughtfully and responsibly, maintaining the utmost respect for everyone and everything I encounter.
Educate Myself. I will do my research before traveling across the state, familiarizing myself with local regulations and community concerns, which may have changed over time. This is especially important in rural communities with limited healthcare resources.
Safety First. I will follow public health directives from government officials, including physical distancing measures. I will take all necessary steps to minimize health risks to myself and others and stay home if I’m sick.
Preserve California. I will protect and nurture the Golden State’s pristine outdoor spaces and cultural icons by maintaining a light footprint at every turn and paying special attention to delicate ecosystems.
Embrace Community. I will support local businesses and do my part to ensure the long-term prosperity of the places I visit.
Celebrate Culture. I will immerse myself in California’s diverse local cultures and embrace the traditions and practices I encounter.
Teach Others. I will lead by example and share these practices with fellow travelers, acknowledging that we all share the responsibility to protect California.
By following the California Responsible Travel Code, we look forward to welcoming you to Placer County.