Our top priority is the health and safety of residents and visitors to Placer County, and Visit Placer is committed to providing accurate and timely information about our destination so that you may visit safely and responsibly.
Placer County Public Health | California Department of Public Health
Local Information: Auburn | Lincoln | Loomis | North Lake Tahoe | Rocklin | Roseville
Please visit our COVID-19 blog page for updated local information.
On January 12, 2021, Placer County, along with the rest of the Greater Sacramento region, existed the regional stay-at-home order based on predictions of increased ICU capacity. Placer County now falls back to the purple tier restrictions in the State’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy. More information and full details of what is open can be found here HERE.
Updated Restrictions & Business Modifications:
- Hotels may now resume operations for leisure travel
- Restaurants may resume outdoor dining service
- Wineries may be open for outdoor on-site consumption
- Breweries may open outdoors with a meal requirement
- Hair and nail salons and other personal services may reopen with modifications
- Retail may increase to 25% capacity
- Ski Resorts and outdoor activity providers can remain open; local recreation with members of the same household is encouraged
- Masking remains mandatory, along with physical distancing
As you travel throughout Placer County, please travel responsibly and follow all safety guidelines. All Californians should wear face coverings in common and public indoor spaces and outdoors when distancing is not possible, as detailed in state guidance.
- Maintain at least 6′ of Social Distance.
- Wear a mask or face covering when in public.
- Abide by all local Government orders or restrictions that may be in place.
- Follow CDC Guidelines for minimizing the spread of COVID-19, including frequent hand washing, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, and cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue.
- Be patient and kind to staff at hotels, restaurants, retailers, and attractions, as they navigate new procedures.
Know Before You Go:
- Read regional resources to find out state and county specific restrictions
- Check in with businesses in advance to learn about current modifications and/or closures
- Be well informed of potential risks and prepare yourself
If you will be visiting North Lake Tahoe, please review the Know Before You Go Guide for tips and resources of how to travel responsibly and be prepared for your winter experience.
The California Welcome Center, Auburn is open to assist local visitors. The Welcome Center, at 1103 High Street, Auburn, is open Tues-Sat, 9:30am-4:30pm.
California Responsible Travel Code
California is a place of wide-open spaces that champions open-mindedness and celebrates diversity. Californians respect our friends and neighbors and their health and safety. We respect the environment, local culture and all the different kinds of people who visit our state. Respect is the key to keeping each other safe and all of California’s precious and fragile beauty protected, today and tomorrow. Please help us respect Placer County and all of California by following the California Responsible Travel Code from our friends at Visit California.
Roam Responsibly. I will explore California thoughtfully and responsibly, maintaining the utmost respect for everyone and everything I encounter.
Educate Myself. I will do my research before traveling across the state, familiarizing myself with local regulations and community concerns, which may have changed over time. This is especially important in rural communities with limited healthcare resources.
Safety First. I will follow public health directives from government officials, including physical distancing measures. I will take all necessary steps to minimize health risks to myself and others and stay home if I’m sick.
Preserve California. I will protect and nurture the Golden State’s pristine outdoor spaces and cultural icons by maintaining a light footprint at every turn and paying special attention to delicate ecosystems.
Embrace Community. I will support local businesses and do my part to ensure the long-term prosperity of the places I visit.
Celebrate Culture. I will immerse myself in California’s diverse local cultures and embrace the traditions and practices I encounter.
Teach Others. I will lead by example and share these practices with fellow travelers, acknowledging that we all share the responsibility to protect California.
By following the California Responsible Travel Code, we look forward to welcoming you to Placer County.