The campground has 100 family campsites that will accommodate trailers up to 18 feet in length and motor homes up to 24 feet.
This secluded campground is located near the end of the peninsula between the north and south forks of the beautiful American River. This huge campground has 100 family campsites that will accommodate trailers up to 18 feet in length and motor homes up to 24 feet. Flush toilets and piped drinking water are available. If you want to boat or swim, there are two launch ramps and a day-use area near the campground. Peninsula Campground is the perfect place to camp ashore on your boat!
- Hours Campsite secured by reservation only during the on-season. In the off-season campsite availability first-come, first-served. Subject to winter and/or road closures.
- Address Rattlesnake Bar Road, Pilot Hill, CA 95664
- Reservations 800-444-7275
- Website California State Parks
- Best Feature Shore camping is allowed at Peninsula Campground only for those without fully self contained vessels.
- Drinking Water
- Shore Camping
Located near the end of the peninsula between the north and south forks of the American River. You can reach the area by boat or you can drive in ten miles from the little town of Pilot Hill on Highway 49.
ALSO CHECK OUT:
Little Bald Mountain TrailForesthill, CA
The Little Bald Mountain Trail begins near the historic Robinson Flat Guard Station.
Regional ParkAuburn, CA
A year-round creek meanders through the north end of the park, and playground and picnic areas are nested in shaded areas.
Long Ravine ResortColfax, CA
This is undoubtedly, one of the most beautiful areas in The Gold Country.