There are 18 designated campsites with tables, firepits, and dry toilets.
Man’s best friend is welcomed here at Mineral Bar Campground! Located on the east side of the scenic North Fork American River, there are 18 designated campsites with tables, fire pits, and dry toilets. Set up your tent, cook some s’mores, and spend the afternoon relaxing on the river. The entire family will love it!
- Summer Camping Reservations: May 1st to October 15th
- Winter Camping Winter: no reservations, first come, first serve
- Address Iowa Hill Road, Colfax, CA 95713
- Phone 530-885-4527
- Website Mineral Bar Campground
- Best Feature At the far end of campsite area you come down to some small beaches.
- Waterfront area
- Pet Friendly
Directions: From Hwy 80 in Colfax exit at Canyon Way, head north on Canyon way turn right onto Iowa Hill Road. 3 mile paved road to sites and river.
ALSO CHECK OUT:
Among the oldest and most iconic ski areas in the Western U.S., Donner Ski Ranch is a family-friendly resort in the Lake Tahoe area that features a wide variety of terrain, inviting skiers and riders of all abilities to enjoy the fully-featured mountain oasis.