This is a good year ’round trail due to its wide, gentle gradient and alternating stretches of sun and shade.
This is a good year ’round trail due to its wide, gentle gradient and alternating stretches of sun and shade. This wide pleasant trail traverses typical foothills woodland while providing superb views of Lake Clementine and Lime Rock as it wends its way down to lake level. It is the only trail that goes down to the lake above the dam and below the Upper Lake Clementine day use area.
- Distance 1.5 miles one way
- Approx length of time ¾ hour (hiking)
- Difficulty Easy down, moderate up
- Website Lake Clementine Access Trail
- Best Feature The trail offers some great views of Lake Clementine and the limestone outcroppings on the opposite shore.
Trailhead is on Lake Clementine Road off Foresthill Road. Take I-80 to the Foresthill exit. From the signal, proceed towards Foresthill for approx. 3.2 miles. Turn left on the Lake Clementine Road. Shortly after turning, the parking area is on the right. The trailhead is behind the green gate (#115) about 200 feet back up the road.