Copyright © 2020 Visit Placer County
All Rights Reserved
Filled with artifacts and furnishings from a bygone era, the Bernhard House transports visitors to a simpler time.
The museum was built in 1851 as the Traveler’s Rest Hotel, the Bernhard house has been welcoming visitors for over 150 years. The museum is filled with artifacts and furnishings from a bygone era and will transports visitors to a simpler time. The Bernhard Museum also serves as home to the third grade Living History Program.
Located at the corner of Auburn Folsom Road and Fairgate Road.
Try one of our 15 restaurants, or 40 quaint shops and services. Don’t miss the Old Town Gallery featuring the works of 60 local artists, all in one old historical building. Four museums can be found within a few blocks, where history buffs will find lots of rich Gold Country history.
They specialize in locally grown fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
Provides classes on acting as well as puts on performances for the community.