Our top priority is the health and safety of residents and visitors to Placer County, and Visit Placer is committed to providing accurate and timely information about our destination.
Placer County Public Health Updates | California Department of Public Health Updates
Local City Information: Auburn | Lincoln | North Lake Tahoe | Rocklin | Roseville
Placer County is currently in the red tier restrictions in the State’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy. More information and full details of what is open can be found here HERE.
Updated Restrictions & Business Modifications:
- Restaurants are allowed to open indoors with 25 percent capacity or a maximum of 100 people, whichever is fewer.
- Retail establishments are allowed to open indoors at 50 percent capacity.
- Movie theaters are allowed to open indoors with 25 percent capacity or 100 people, whichever is fewer.
- Gyms are allowed to open indoors with 10 percent capacity.
- Museums, zoos, and aquariums can open indoor activities at 25 percent capacity.
- Breweries, wineries and distilleries that do not serve meals may open outdoors only with modifications. The modifications include ensuring that patrons have reservations and patrons observe a 90-minute time limit. Service for on-site consumption must end by 8 p.m.
- Bars that do not serve meals remain closed in the Purple (widespread) and Red (substantial) tiers.
Find all business tier guidance and operational modifications HERE
The California Welcome Center, Auburn is open to assist local residents and visitors. The Welcome Center, at 1103 High Street, Auburn, is open Tues-Sat, 9:30am-4:30pm. Please use the resources and links within the VisitPlacer.com website for local information. If you have any specific travel questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Californians should wear face coverings in common and public indoor spaces and outdoors when distancing is not possible, as detailed in state guidance.
BUSINESS AND EMPLOYER RESOURCES
Immediate support and resources now available to small businesses impacted by COVID-19 in Placer County. Click HERE for more information from the Placer County Business Resource Center.
Auburn Chamber of Commerce Business Resources
Lincoln Chamber of Commerce Business Resources
Loomis Chamber of Commerce Business Resources
North Lake Tahoe Chamber of Commerce Business Resources
Rocklin Chamber of Commerce Business and Employee Resources
Roseville Chamber of Commerce Business and Employee Resources
Sierra Small Business Development Center offering FREE resources to small business in the Sierra that are being affected by the pandemic restrictions.
SBA Disaster Economic Injury Loan (DEIL) Application
US Chamber of Commerce – Save Small Business Fund Grants
Outdoor activities including skiing, hiking, biking and running are acceptable as long as safe, physical distancing of 6 feet or more is maintained. Please be mindful of crowds along popular trails. Click HERE for a list of area hikes and trails. Hidden Falls Regional Park in Auburn remains open, with parking reservations required on weekends and holidays.
California State Parks facilities remain open for day use outdoor activities. Members of the same household are encouraged to stay local and recreate responsibly in the outdoors. Updates in Placer County include:
Auburn State Recreation Area – open to vehicular traffic and parking, including The Confluence; Folsom Lake State Recreation Area – open to vehicular traffic at Granite Bay, Rattlesnake Bar and Beals Point. Motorized boating is permitted on Folsom Lake; Kings Beach State Recreation Area – very limited parking available. Tahoe State Recreation Area – campground closed. For an updated list of full CA State Park closures, click HERE. Please do not illegally park in residential areas or block roadways.
- Stay Local: Stay close to home. Walk or bike into the park. Parking is very limited. Do not take road trips to parks and beaches or to neighboring states.
- Stay Active: Keep walking, jogging, hiking and biking. Watch for one-way trails.
- Stay Safer at 6 Feet: Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more. Gatherings, picnics and parties are not allowed. Visitors will be asked to leave if there are too many people at the park, beach or on trails to allow for the required physical distance.
- Stay Clean: Be prepared. Bring soap/sanitizer and pack out all trash.
- Stay Covered: If your county health orders require it, please be sure to wear face coverings when you cannot maintain a safe 6-foot distance from others.
Quarry Park Adventures in Rocklin, as a fully outdoor recreational facility is open with limited capacity and advance reservations required. Additional safety precautions are in place for all guests.
Retail stores may continue to operate with a reduced 50% capacity. Many local stores are offering curbside pick-up and online ordering directly from local stores.
Restaurants in Placer County may now operate at 25% capacity indoors, in addition to outdoor eating space. Many Placer County restaurants have patio space available and additional outdoor spaces are being added where possible, along with increased takeout capacity and curbside pick-up and delivery. Purchasing gift certificates to local businesses and restaurants is a great way to support our local community now to use in the future when the situation calms down.
The best way to support your local restaurants is to order take out directly for pick-up. However, local delivery services from Food Jets, Door Dash, Uber Eats, Chow Now, Grub Hub, and Postmates, among others can bring your local favorites to your door. Please check with each establishments to see where they deliver in your area.
PlacerGROWN Farmers’ Markets continue to operate as an essential service and are a reliable source for fresh, local produce and meat. All vendor booths have been appropriately spaced apart and no food sampling is allowed.
Auburn Market: Saturday, 8am-12pm, Auburn Courthouse parking lot
Roseville Market: Tuesday, 8:30am-1:30pm, Fountains at Roseville
Breweries may operate outdoors or with the requirement of a sit-down meal purchase, reduced capacity is allowed indoors. Most breweries are offering food trucks on-site that meet this requirement. Many breweries are still offering to-go beer sales and curbside pick-up as well. Please check with individual breweries for operating hours and up to date information.
Knee Deep Brewing
Out of Bounds
Loomis Basin Brewing
Loomis Basin Gastropub
Dueling Dogs Brewing
Hillenbrand Farmhaus Brewery
[ Back to Top ]
Wineries are permitted to operate outdoors and many have space available to serve on patios and in the vineyards. Limited capacity indoor seating is allowed if accompanied by a sit-down meal requirement. Due to social distancing and capacity requirements, it is recommended that you call ahead when planning to visit. Updated operations from individual wineries on the the Placer Wine Trail can be found HERE
Dono Dal Cielo
Bear River Winery Old Town
Mount Saint Joseph
[ Back to Top ]
ARTS COUNCIL OF PLACER COUNTY
Virtual ways to support and participate in the arts, click HERE
At-home art activities and free and live virtual classes are available from Ooze Studio.
Placer County Museums has launched an online “Ask A Curator” program, click HERE