In the park, family and group camp sites are available.
The Bear River is part of a large network of streams draining the western slope of the Sierra Nevada. It was to these streams and rivers that the pioneers of the 1800’s came to seek their fortunes. Bear River offers a wonderful hike through nature. With many trails provided to help you explore the park. Animals such as black-tailed deer, raccoons, squirrels, skunks, porcupines, foxes, and even a few bobcats are among the many animals living in the park. Many family and group camp sites are available – pitch your tent here and enjoy nature as it was meant to be!
The maximum stay at Bear River Campgrounds is two weeks for the year, one week at a time.
- Hours Camping season is April 1st through October 31st. The Day-Use area hours are ½ hour before sunrise to ½ hour after sunset. There is no charge for parking in the Day-Use area.
- Address 2500 Campground Road, Colfax, CA 95713
- Reservations 530-886-4901
- Website Bear River Park & Campground
- Best Feature Bear River offers a wonderful hike through nature. With many trails provided to help you explore the park. Some trails are narrow and caution is advised.
Check their website for maps and directions.
ALSO CHECK OUT:
Tahoe City, CA
They offer Water Skiing, Wakeboard, Wakesurfing, Tubing, Kneeboarding and Wakeskating Lessons, Power Boat Rentals, Power Boat Charters, Power Boat tours and rides, Jet Ski Rentals. Plus, Canoe, Kayak, Paddleboard and Equipment rentals.
Fishing: Rainbow and Brown Trout, Black Bass, Bluegill and Perch; Fishing by Permit at Big Reservoir.